Thursday, April 21, 2016

Go for It

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." James Baldwin. Many times the fears, the lies that keep us bound are so overwhelming that we believe there is no way out. There is always a way out, but we must try. We must move past the fear that keeps us frozen in position. The fact that we move, that we try gives us a different perspective, and just may be what we need. 

My father taught me how to ride a bicycle. He ran beside me steadying the back wheel, and assuring me that I was doing good. . . and I rode. Until I realized that his voice was fainter and fainter. I turned to look and he was not there. I looked back and saw him standing there with his hands on his hips nodding his approval. I should have gone on, but panicked, turned the wheel to go back but ran into a bush. Daddy was right there getting me up and encouraging me to go again. And I did. 

Go again. Get up, step out, move out from where you are. Yes, you will get resistance sometimes, nothing is ever easy. Go recognizing that you are encouraged and if you fall . . . you can get back up. Go for it! enough for now.

No comments: