Sunday, September 17, 2017

Don't Forget to Say Thanks

"I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses. And the voice I heard falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses. And he walks with me and he talks with me, and he tells me I am His own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other has ever known." I grew up on that song and found myself singing it this morning. And thanking him for all he has done for me. I just started rattling off what I could.  Oh my goodness, the peace when we hang out with Jesus.

But then it brought me back to something else. Don't forget to say thanks. Yesterday I taught one of a few classes. And the lunch was bought and brought in for the adult students. I thanked the dean for the lunch. And I thought I missed it, so I checked with the dean later - no one else said thanks. Bur I was also surprised at the students complaining about the work they had to do. That is wrong on so many levels. You see, in this life, nothing is promised us, nothing should be taken for granted. People do not have to be kind. And - when you want something you work for it. It's what you do. So at any place, if someone does something for you- you just ought to say thanks.

You don't acknowledge kindness, you don't respect the process, authority? And then you wonder why the young people act as they do- they are getting it from you. And if you are acting liking this, how much less are you thanking God?  Can you see why that is a problem - preachers?

Don't forget to says thanks. Go ahead- take a 60 second 'thanks' break and thank God. Just let it roll, don;t out it in order, name as much as you can. . .  Pause and marvel at his many blessings to you, how he places, people in your life, how he holds you from danger- seen and unseen, how he points the way again and again (it's on you when you don't follow). How he _________________ you fill it in. And begin taking 60 second 'thanks' break during your day. See what does for you, your life, yor health. Don't forget to say thanks. enough for now.

No comments: