Sunday, March 22, 2020

Be Still


This morning I didn’t turn on gospel music. I just listened to the quiet. The Psalmist begins with, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Then he invites us into an understanding in vs 8, “come and see what the Lord has done.” 

And our passage, vs 10! “He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”   

It is sad that we have been invited to be still, but haven’t done so. And now we really must. Not for what the world is doing,  but to watch what God is doing. 

In this stillness we find our peace, we find our rest, we find our creativity, we find ourselves. And we find our resolve to trust what God is doing . . a. God is with us. Oh, that’s verse 11. Be still. enough for now.

No comments: