Sunday, September 26, 2021

Rest Now

Matthew 11:28 (NRSV)
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”

This is my devotional this morning. I couldn’t have said it better. Let it speak to your heart as the passage speaks. 

“Yes, come for rest. But stay for rest, too. Stop all feverish haste and be calm and untroubled. Come unto Me, not only for petitions to be granted but for nearness to Me.

Be sure of My Help, be conscious of My Presence, and wait until My Rest fills your soul. Rest knows no fear. 

Rest knows no want. Rest is strong, sure. The rest of soft glades and peacefully flowing rivers, of strong, immovable hills. Rest, and all you need to gain this rest is to come to Me. So come.”

Russell, A. J.. God Calling: Expanded Edition (p. 378). Barbour Publishing, Inc.. Kindle Edition. 

enough for now.

No comments: