Sunday, December 19, 2021

Our Challenge

Luke 1:37
Luke 1:37-38 (NRSV): “For nothing will be impossible with God.” 38 Then Mary said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her.”

This was after Gabriel told Mary that she would birth a child. If you look at both Joseph and Mary, although chosen for the task, they had to overcome challenges. They did. Mary’s response to Gabriel “May it is be to me as you have said.” And because of that Jesus was born.  And look later as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane. His response was like his mother’s “Not my will, but your will.”

Because of Jesus’ birth we can overcome any challenge. Our key? Believe that with God nothing is impossible. Let that permeate your spirit. Nothing is impossible with God. And our response, “May it be to me as you have said.” Yes Lord, we are more than conquerors. Enough for now.

No comments: