Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This Time Try God

What if you don't get the job? The tests were not favorable? The money has run out? He has left? She has left?  And you can't hear God?  You can't find God?  What then? Have you been there?  Oh you know, the place where no one really undersatnds what you are going through yet everyone offers ideas for the way out.  What then?  If you have never been there, hold on, it is coming.  It is life.

What can you do?  In spite of how you view the situation, or how you cry, scream, fret, one thing is certain- God is still God.  What does it mean for you in your situation?  Be still. . . listen. . .wait. . . Be still, don't make a move on your own- you have already done it and itt didn't work anyway- did it?  Listen for the guidance of Holy Spirit.  Wait to get the directions straight. 

Oh I know it to be true.  Been there, done that.  Had so many people offer their ideas of what I should do, and then I actually tried to follow their lead. Here's the part that baffles us all.  God knows exactly the situation and the outcome.  If we follow God's lead, then we will progress along the hard times. Yeah, it may hurt but you will emerge victorious and more aware of God's love and guidance.

I had a friend that was upset about a bad review that I had received on my book.  He wanted me to write a rebuttal, but why?  That would only give power to what was said. What was interesting was that this friend did nothing to write a positive review.  That would have helped more.  How do I feel about all of it?  I'm fine, it is not that important.  I have learned to take life while receiving directions from Holy Spirit.

Life is too short to miss the joy of life, even in the rough times.  You have tried it your way, try it God's way this time.  Take it one day at a time.  Go ahead- let me know how you are doing. type to you later.

No comments: