Saturday, October 15, 2011

Get Off

There has been so much going on and I have been trying to make sense of it.  (As best I can).  Let try to explain it.  A few weeks ago I was with my niece in PETCO.  I watched a  hamster running in the wheel.  I have never paid that close attention to watching a hamster running in a wheel.  At one point the hamster finally got off the wheel and came to me.  He appeared to be talking with me.  My niece stated that it was like he was communicating with me.  It was thought provoking.  I told him not to get back on the wheel, but to explore the area around him.  He really appeared to hear me, but then he went back to the wheel, and began running again. 

That was enough right there for me.  The hamster's actions were too much like so many people who continue to do the same thing the same way with the same result.   You get absolutely nowhere.  You may loose a little weight but you gain nothing.  If you risk getting off the wheel and explore where God has you, then you find more of who you are and your purpose.  So much of where so many people are is running.   There are so many aspects of life that causes us to want to stay on the wheel.  Get off, try God.  Explore what is there for  you off the wheel.  I know, running the wheel is safer, but the joy of accomplishment is so much more fulfilling. 

Holy Spirit beckons us everyday to take a chance, to follow His nudge away from the wheel and into the excitement of life.  Go ahead, get off and live!  more to come.  type to you later.

No comments: