Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Share the Love

I recognize that many people are hurting right now.  And for them to feel the expectancy of this season is very hard.   I have come to understand that we must be clear on what we are expecting.  We can not hold hope in another person, a job, a house, a situation.  at any time those will let us down.  Our hope can only be in what God has revealed, Jesus has shown, and as Holy Spirit guides.  Oh, I promise, it will be hard at times, but it is not impossible. 

My son shared with me the story of a tragic event that happened last week.   He remarked that that family was indeed going through with no joy this season.  It is hard for them to expect anything but loss and pain.  I am clear that God placed my son right where he was in order to minister to that family, not in words, but in action.  My former pastor, F.G. Sampson, used to tell us, his ministers, "presence is ministry."  You don't know how you bless another just by your presence, by your witness.  Share your excitement, your hope with another.  If your hope is fainting, contact me, let's talk.  I am clear that there is a plan, and you are in it.  type to you later.

No comments: