Monday, September 8, 2014

Keep Running

I marvel at how God uses my son.  My son just finished a half-iron.  He said he did not train as he did for his first half-iron. What he discovered was he time was only fifteen minutes more than the first half-iron.  He said his body memory kicked in to do what was possible.  I think that was the word - body memory. You see, he had trained so much that his body still remembered what to do in the same situation.

Hmm.  "Train up a child in the way he/she should go; even when he/she is old he/she will not depart from it" (Prov. 22:6).  or "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" Ps. 119:11 NIV).  Just as the body can be trained and remembers; the heart must be trained and will remember.  I thought that was really cool. 

Find one, find a scripture, old on to it, stand on it, ponder it, and when you need it, it will be available.  Hold on what you see God doing in your life, and when you need it, you will remember it.  Run on, hold on, help is indeed on the way. enough for now.

No comments: