Thursday, September 11, 2014

Make a Difference

I watch young people that grew up with me in different ministries as they excel in their life's calling; and I smile.  I smile when I watch my son teaching his sons, loving on them and guiding them; when I watch my niece teaching her daughter, giggling as she grows.  I smile when I golf with my nephew, and I listen to his views,  I smile.  Yes, the care grows on.  It really does.  And to realize that in different ways I had a hand in their growth.

In the spirit of Mbutu, "I am because we are," we are not in this world alone and we must make every effort to positively connect to another, not just in your family, but in the larger family.  We are community and love really should be our theme.  We should share what we know and encourage others to spiritually grow.   After all, someone cared for you.  Someone prayed for you.  Sometimes it is not easy, I agree, but you probably were not easy for someone either.

Take time today to make a difference in someones life.  How?  Oh so many ways, start with a call, a smile, a prayer, encouragement.  So many ways to love, to nurture, to show real care.  Blessings on each of you as you make a difference, and as you recognize that yes, yes you did; you made a difference.  enough for now.

No comments: