Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stay in the Fire

I was boiling two eggs yesterday and, after a shorter time than I thought normal, one of the eggs cracked open.  I thought it was odd that they were ready so soon; nevertheless, I took them out. As I peeled the cracked egg I realized that although the egg white was ready the yolk felt soft.  I could change the shape of the egg.  Hmm.  So I cut it and sure enough, the yolk was soft and gooey, not solid.  The other egg was similar, but not as gooey. Although the egg had cracked, it was not ready. I had taken it out of the fire too soon.

This morning Holy Spirit showed me that some people who are in ministry are like that egg. They look like, act like, talk like they are ready; but their heart for ministry has not quite solidified for the things of God.  They read, yes, even copied the ways of others, may have spent time with God, but still not quite ready.  They need more time in the fire. 

This may not pertain to you, but sometimes we all rush into something that we think we can handle.  So that does pertain to you. It does not mean we can't handle it, it means we need more time. More time in the fire, more time with the fire of Holy Spirit. More time solidifying ourselves for what God has.  If you are not solid, the world will change your shape.  You will succumb. Stay in the fire. enough for now.

No comments: