Sunday, June 5, 2016

Call me Jonah

"Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it"
(Hab. 2:1 NIV). I'm stuck right there- how about you? What has the Lord given you? What has He made the way into, or out of, for you? Oh, how many times do we forget? How many times do we run?

Call me Jonah. I'm confessing. I'm tired of running away from what God has by trying to tweak it. You see, He has made ways so many times when I let go and allowed His will to permeate my life. Yes, it takes a letting go. Today I wrote down what God has shown me, and today I move toward that with passion. No, we never get the whole picture- the whole journey, but to get started is a major consideration of the journey. You see, to get started is to acknowledge that you are trusting His will for your life.

Don't get me wrong, life will throw stuff at you to get you off track- to distract- to abort your mission. And yes, it can get rough- but just . . . when . . . you . . . are . . . at . . . your . . . wits end . . . GOD! And then you recognize that He was there all along, that much of what you went through was needless energy.

I'm tired of running. I'm moving. I'm following. I'm walking in my name- not Jonah, but Emily- beloved -daughter. How about you? Write down the vision, make it plain. Keep it where you can see it. Work on it everyday. Yes, you do have time- even if you reread it. And go with it. enough for now.

No comments: