Friday, February 26, 2010

Check it Out - Throw it Out

I had to throw out some flowers today.  Although a few had withered, most lasted well.  I had made the decision to keep them because they still had a beautiful aroma. I kept them beyond their date because tey still had an aroma.  When I threw them out the water bound ends had a terrible smell.  I had forgotten to cut them back and they had rotted in the water.

How many things have you kept because . . .? You know, it had a special meaning, but now it only collects dust.  What once worked you continue in the same way, although what once worked does not work anymore. He/she still looked good, although he/she keeps hell going?

If I had at least trimmed the ends the flowers would have lasted laonger.  In the same way, if you had taken pains to work whatever it was.  Oh well, Consider very carefully your 'why' for holding on.  If there is no reason, let it go.  Get ready for what is in front of you.  type to you later.

No comments: