Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Learn the Dance

Learn the dance. I told you how I learned. That is how I taught liturgical dance to my dance ministry. My dancers had basics. They had to get the steps correct. It is so sad when dancers are looking at other dancers to make sure they are correct. My dancers had to know the steps. Many times we discussed scripture that was the foundation of the dance. Our rehearsals were tight and sometimes young people don't appreciate 'tight.' They worked hard, many times rolling their eyes at me.

The dancers knew their positions, they knew their steps.  Then they were free to dance for the Lord. Oh my goodness! As they danced, those viewing were invited into the worship through their dance. Oh my goodness! Yes, we were all transformed. They learned the dance. You learn the dance by getting the basics first. Get what you are to do, and at the proper time - you move, you flow, you dance your dance- all because you learned the basics and were not afraid to dance. enough for now.

No comments: