Thursday, September 24, 2009

Keys

Today I opened a chest that is opened rarely. It is the chest that holds locks and keys. Most of the locks are from luggage along with their keys. So these items remain in place for a time when I can use them. But there were more keys that did not have locks attached. And some of the keys were not luggage keys.

I counted 27 extra keys. To what? Don't know. What can I do with them? Don't care. What does it all mean? It serves notice to me how we hold on to excess items that have no value, no meaning, no nothing. Yet we still have them. Although the keys do not have much weight, they are symbols of things that weigh us down.

Look around at "keys" in your life. They could be people, places, things, ideas but they no longer serve any purpose but to weigh you down. They have no value, no meaning, just something that you are hold on to for . . .whatever reason. This journey takes us many ways and we have opportunities to pick up, and to let go of some things. Pause, search your surroundings, are there "keys" that you have that hold no value? Get rid of them. Some things worked in the past, but they no longer work - let them go. You need to let go in order to receive what God has for you in the next leg of your journey.

I like it how Paul says it, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (Phil. 3:13 NIV). Can you let go? type to you later!

No comments: