Friday, December 25, 2009

Blessings

I bless you all with joy and peace. It is a thing about peace that cannot be duplicated. That true shalom that comes from God can move you through a world of obstacles and keep you sane. It can keep you grounded when things are over the top -in good or in bad. Peace is really what we all want, but many times we search n the wrong places not knowing what true peace looks like.

When I was young we sang songs at my church of real joy and true peace. We sang as kids not really understanding the meaning. As I got older I know those snipets of real joy and true peace and long more for both. There comes a time when we all must face the realization that no one can provide joy or peace, that no job can give joy or peace. Oh yeah it can provide financial stability and comfort, but real joy and true peace . . .my, my.

Paul says it best: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:4-9 NIV).

Merry Christmas!

No comments: