Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pass

Last week I attended the high school graduation of my oldest grandson.  The statistics the school boasted for the graduates was remarkable and deems accolades.  Contrary to popular misinformation, Detroit is not all doom and gloom but sparks hope in so many ways.  There are so many young people doing great work; yet, many people are missing that great work.  We need to look around us,  find and encourage our youth. If we don't, I shudder to think who will. 

During the graduation celebrations we played a rousing game of Taboo. My youngest grandsons, age 11 and 9 also played. The 11 year old could not describe the word and got upset.  I told him it was okay to "not know."  Think about it.  How many young people can hold their own playing with adults?  I am so proud of how well they do.  There were even times I had to 'pass' in the game because I did not know how to describe the word.  It happens.  Just 'pass'.

It  is okay to 'pass'.  There will be times in life that you don't know, or that you can't do something.  Once you have done your best and are clear about that, then 'pass'.  Don't hold on to the 'embarrassment' of not knowing. Don't let your time be wasted with worrying about what cold have happened.  Life is too short to hold on to something that is so fleeting.  Life is too precious to miss the joyous moments, because you are stuck in the sad moments.  type to you later.

No comments: