Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Marq

This day is special as it was the day I gave birth to a son who has been a blessing to me.  That was quite a few years ago, quite a few men ago, a few hurts, a few losses, a few heartaches.  Yes, it was. Ahh, but God.  You see God provided joy in place of confusion, peace through trials, hope in desolation.  God walked with us and guided, even when I couldn't understand.  The celebration of life belongs not only to the one celebrating but to those who support.  To the aunt and uncle in my son's life. . . the great aunts and uncles who have gone on. . . the grandparents who have transitioned. . . the surrogate grandfather in his life who has gone. . . and yes, his father.  To the friends who have walked with us through the years- blessings. 

You see, it does take a whole village to raise one child.  Don't let anyone fool you.   You need others in your life to help you.  This is not a solo thing.  To the church members who prayed for, delighted in, to the teachers who brought out what I couldn't- blessings.

To my son, who has sons of his own to teach, to nurture, to love- happy birthday, my heart. 

To all of you - celebrate.  Celebrate life- for it is so precious.  God has blessed you to touch others with your life.  type to you later.

No comments: