Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stretch

Stretching out. That's what I am doing.  I can't stay where I am, and live.  I must continue on this leg of my journey and try God in all aspects.  I can no longer sit and wonder.  This is my miracle expecting time.  That's what stretching does.  You expect something great to happen.  What does it look like?  How does it feel? Hmmm. A little uncomfortable, adventurous, exhilarating, exciting, scary.  Why?  Because I am going where I have not gone.  I am going where others don't want me to go.  No limits, no holds, no boundaries. 

This stretch is somewhat like Paul, "Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.  Let those of us who are mature be of the same mind; and if you think differently about anything, this too God will reveal to you.  Only let us hold fast to what we have attained" (Phil. 3:12-16 NRSV).

Have you considered the blowing up of a balloon?  You have to know when to stop blowing.  Just how far can you blow the balloon? How much can you stretch the rubber band?  You won't know what can happen unless you try. The cool part is this stretch is orchestrated by God.  type to you later.