Sunday, September 18, 2011

Take Note from Paul

" . . . for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" (Phil. 4:11 NIV).  Come on Paul, to be content - do you know how hard that is?  I'm talking -to be content in any circumstance.  It is hard to be content when we think things are going fine.  Oh but- when things do not appear to go as we want- HOW can we hang on? 
Okay, so we agree that it is indeed difficult to be content -but it is doable.  Paul continues, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" (Phil. 4:12,13 NIV). 

You can do it, in spite of others or other circumstances, in spite of yourself.  Your first move is to watch what God is doing.  Back in the day, they used to  say- count your blessings.  When you begin to count your blessings you can see how numerous they are.  When you see that, then why not chill out?  That is the 'being content'.  It is difficult, but it is doable.  I've seen it work too many times in my life. Try it.  Take note from Paul, you can do everything through Him who gives you strength.  type to you later.

No comments: