Monday, January 30, 2012

Check Our Priorities

As a retired civil rights activist I admit I have been loosely following the 'occupy' movement. I don't understand where they hope to go, but I support their 'voice.  My problem:  Today DC gave a new ruling, that the tents must stay but no one could sleep in them.  On the news there was at one guy painting "EVICTED" on his tent.  Evicted?  Evicted? From what I understand many left their places to participate. Evicted?  Talk to the many people who have lost their homes, their livelihood, those with no place to return, to those who are struggling to live, to find work, to find somewhere to live. I don't know. I think we have our societal priorities twisted. Okay, I had to get that out.  As a society, as individuals, we need to find our way.  Hmm, Holy Spirit?  When do we reach out to one another? type to you later.

No comments: