Friday, March 2, 2012

Focus

Hold me while I catch my breath. I don't want to say anything about a radio host who is a complete pig.  Okay that's enough.  Life will deal with him. 
There are so many distractions and we must learn to navigate around them.  Can you see it?  We can be so distracted by the woundedness in others that we miss our healing.  We can be so distracted by our own woundedness that we miss our healing. How can we stay eliminate our being distracted?  Focus-Watch, wait, listen.  And it is all about the object of our focus.
Let me share, some of you may have heard this before:
On my first trip to Israel as we were hiking to the cave at En Gedi I watched an awesome scene. We had stopped for our instructor to give us Biblical history on where we were.  The mountain was so steep as we looked out and above where we were.  There above where we were was a mother mountain deer and her baby.  The mother carefully tested each rock before taking the next step.  As she stepped to the new location she looked back at the baby and the baby stepped directly on the rock the mother had just vacated.  I watch for a while as I listened to our instructor.  Every step the mother tested and then the baby followed.  There were times that the rock was not stable and rolled down the mountainside.  (Sudden death) 
The remarkable thing about it was the mother was zigzagging around the mountainside, not straight up (as we would believe).  The passage came to mind as tears rolled, "The sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights" (Hab. 3:19 NIV). 
It didn't stop there.  Two weeks after I was home, I got the message.  Holy Spirit guides us through the dangers in our lives taking us up and then down but all the while guiding.  All we have to do is watch and follow.  My, my.  I bless you with watching, knowing your path is already tested, already tried, whether happy or sad; that Holy Spirit as our Paraclete is indeed walking alongside.

The Object of our focus? Holy Spirit as our counselor. type to you  later.

No comments: