Thursday, September 6, 2012

Give Thanks

Yesterday has come and gone.  My middle grandson has turned 14. Look at God!  I thank God for my son and wife, for my three grandsons, for my sister and family.  For those who have walked with me on my journey. 

How do you celebrate your thanks giving?  What causes you to thank God?  There are so many reasons. Try counting them.

I'm sitting at my desk. Looking out the window.  Searching the overcast sky for glimpses of light.  And considering the glorious possibilities of God for me.
Jeremiah said it best:
"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.  I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ' The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him'" (Lam. 3:19-24 NIV).

Every day, new mercies. Go get yours. type to you later.

No comments: