Wednesday, February 27, 2013

That is Major!

Don't waste your precious time trying to figure out who I am talking about.  That has been your problem all your life- hasn't it?  You have worried that you have been found out, caught. You worry about mankind finding you out when your concern really should be God changing your heart.

How does it start?  Glad you asked (as F.G. Sampson II used to say). Shift your focus.  When you shift from temporal things to those things eternal you automatically change.  The quality of your life depends on your shifting.  Use this Lenten season to listen to God, to follow Holy Spirit's guidance, to bask in the love of God. Come on!  God loves you so much that He gave His only son. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16 NIV).  That is major! 

You know, my sister and I grew up in church and we learned and recited scriptures.   We had so many books on the stories of the Bible. Stories that would take us into our adult years.

I understand the importance of my introduction to Jesus and to the scriptures early.  Even now, I am still amazed at the love that God has for me by giving what He loved so that I could live.  My my.  That is major! 

So you have a few things to contemplate. Just pondering alone the vastness, the richness, the fullness, the depth, the height, the width of God's love for you is a venture in freedom for your spirit.  You are His Beloved.  Allow that to permeate your heart.  That is major! type to you later.

No comments: