Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Can you Stand the Heat?

The heat is rather rough. I don't mean outside, but inside. The air went out yesterday and won't be repaired until tomorrow. Oh my goodness, it is sweltering!  Why, the temperature outside will be 93 degrees with high humidity, and inside it is 81 degrees. Yeah, I said 81 degrees.  It is all relative.  I have worked in temperatures higher than 81 degrees.  Many people work and play in temperatures hotter. 

Here is the crazy part. I had planned on writing all day Labor day.  I didn't.  I played games and watched movies in order to be still, because it was hot.  I could have left home and rode somewhere to get cool, but I didn't, because I was drained, because it was hot.  How strange is that?  At any moment I could have the heat to get relief, but didn't.  How many times do we attempt to get away from what takes our energy, our mental strength, when all we have to do is leave?  But we don't leave and we stay there complaining about our "lot" whatever the "lot" is, how many times? 

You did not get the worst "lot" in life.  You do have way out. You are only stuck in your mind. There is always a way out, through, above, around, underneath, - always.  Don't believe the lies that you are stuck, you can't get out, you will never live free, you will never be more, you will never make it, . . . you get it.  They are all lies. There is a way. Oh you may not see it, but I promise it is there. I promise because it has been promised and it possible through Holy Spirit, our paraclete, who walks alongside, guiding us through, above, around, underneath. 

Yeah, it's hot but now I can handle it.  This is a minor thing only causing distractions for me. What are your distractions? What are the lies?  There is a way.  Shift your focus from your problems to The Solution. Watch what God is doing. enough for now.

No comments: