Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I Rode Eleven Miles

Oh how I have missed you. I have been extremely busy and then ill. As I was being still I was encouraged by an accomplishment this summer. I rode a bike 11 miles as my son and his wife ran. Although I loved riding bikes when younger, I had not ridden for at least 30 years.  And I rode a bike for eleven miles.

My legs cramped and I rode though the cramps and into the next cramps. I fell, got up limped for a minute and got back on the bike, and rode 11 miles. When I was done, everything cramped all night; yet, I rode 11 miles. The next morning I preached at a new church two and a half hours away. I hurt until I got up, and hurt when I was done. But I rode 11 miles. 

I have a dark spot still on my leg where I fell. But I rode 11 miles. Yes, I am encouraged. What is it that you have not done, but want to try?  Go ahead- try it.  Oh I know you can- Be encouraged that you can do so much more than you know.  And it is all introduced by this season, the birth of The One who liberated us from fear, doubt, oh, yeah, all sins.  Celebrate with me the love of One that is so absolutely perfect and awesome and revealing and real. Celebrate with me your life, because of His life.  You can!  I did and will do more. You can because He did.  I rode 11 miles.  He was born to save us. Celebrate His birth!

No comments: