Thursday, January 7, 2016

What Does Your Rest Look Like?

What does your rest look like? Too often our joy, our peace, evades us because we cannot, we do not, enter the rest that God provides. We are required to enter the Sabbath rest of God. It is an invitation that we cannot refuse. Take your time and reread Hebrews 4 and allow Holy Spirit to guide you.  That can be your canvas as you paint the picture. The picture is found in Matthew 11:28-30. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and  I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." That is your promise from Jesus.

The thing about resting in Jesus is that your mind is relieved of a lot of stress.  What does your rest look like? Oh try it, try resting in Him. enough for now.

No comments: