Saturday, July 9, 2016

Speak Jeremiah

I had an awesome conversation with my only son yesterday. We talk often, but this talk was under the oppression the nation is facing. I have one son and three grandsons, nephews, brother in law, cousins. Black men. And yes, I'm tired. My heart aches for my people, for the ignorance of people. But my son brought me back. He shared the scripture he stands on. He just said the number - I knew the passage- and I cried. Jeremiah 29:11. You see, that is one of my scriptures and I realized that I had allowed my humanness to get in the way of knowing what I know, and that is GOD IS! Marq said something else - that it does not matter - because of Jeremiah 29:11. Come on! 

That brought to my memory my second trip to Israel, I had a student tell me that her adult daughter was afraid she would die on the trip. I told her she's going to die somewhere. Oh true. The truth is- no one wants to die, much less in a cruel way. But we will die, we don't live forever. And knowing and knowing and walking in Jeremiah 29:11, (or any other passage you stand on), can bring you peace.

I rested with this passage and I am so at peace now. God has this thing. On, yes, we say, "Get home safely," yes, we tale precautions. Oh, but we will, "Get Home Safely!"

My prayer is for the healing of hearts, the resolution of hurts, the resolve to trust God and follow God's will for your life. You see, there is a plan. Read Jeremiah 29:11-13. Let the words permeate your spirit. For now, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jer. 29:11). enough for now.

No comments: