Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Make a List

Make a list. How are you doing with keeping up with everything you need to do? Do you get everything done? I offer that at any age you may need assistance. After all, you make a list when you go to the store, don't you? It is quite okay to jot down your assignments for the week, day. You can do months later, let's just get started.

I have a note tablet by my laptop. I jot down the writing, creating assignments I need to get done - period. I don't place them in order but work as I need. At the end of the day I find much has been crossed off and it carries to the next day. At the end of the day I am not in a tizzie about what didn't happen. Making a list frees my mind of those little twirly things that distract. It helps to see my progress, and to thank God for getting the work done. I am able to think on more positive, pleasant things. . . More things of God. And that is healthy and peaceful.

Years ago when I bought my house there were so many things I wanted to do. My sister told me that I could not it all at once. She was right. I made a list and kept it on the side of my refrigerator. As I accomplished one thing I wrote the date and thanked the Lord. As I needed to add to the list I did. But the things I was able to cross off were huge.

Make a list, thank God. It works hand in hand.  Let's talk journaling another time. enough for now.

No comments: