Thursday, November 22, 2018

Day of Thankfulness

My mother used to say, “One man’s food is another’s poison.” I did not recognize how the original inhabitants of the land call America felt about the day we celebrate. I did not understand that it was not celebratory for them. 

For many of us it’s about family and getting together, loving together. We all need that. We all need a loving community. So I started thinking about what to say in my greetings. And then my cousin, Pat, texted me this morning with “Happy Day of Thankfulness.” I love it!

And I started in my journal another “100 things I’m thankful for.” And my thanks kept flowing. My prayers starting flowing. You see, my thanks became my prayers. To everyone, “Happy Day of Thankfulness”! May your thanks lead to prayers. May your prayers lead to change. May your change be of love. 

Please don’t miss what you have. Happy day of thankfulness! 🙅🏾‍♀️Wakanda forever. Family forever. 💕God’s love, God’s peace always! enough for now.

No comments: