Friday, April 15, 2022

The Father’s Business

Luke 4:18&19
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

We are clear that Jesus has been on his fathers business from age twelve and this statement years later sealed what he was to do. His father’s business took him to the cross. 
When you get a chance read his last words from the cross as that is where we are today. 
1. “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34).
2. “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
3.”Dear woman, here is your son . . .”Here is your mother” (John 19:27).
4. “Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?”  “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34, Matt. 27:46).
5. “I’m thirsty” (John 19:28).
6. “It is finished” (John 19:30).
7. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46).

He finished his father’s work on earth. We stay right there on this day. We have work to do. Let’s use this day to be thankful for the work. enough for now.

No comments: