Sunday, May 22, 2022

Growing

Proverbs 27:17 (NRSV)
“Iron sharpens iron, and one person sharpens the wits of another.” 

Another proverb. I suggest that you find one that you can hold on to and go with it. I think we have lived in this proverb since a child. Our parents, aunts, uncles, neighbors were always giving tidbits of wisdom for life. Quite a bit I held on to and passed on. And you- you are learning and growing and will pass on. 

Yes, there are times that you have shared with me what you have learned - that’s what it about. It’s sharpening one another. 

Momma and Daddy used to say: “Leap from our shoulders.” We did, and our children have.
Yesterday a friend shared something: “The things I have not done are the things I have not tried to do.”
And one more from Doc to me long ago: “Don’t let anybody out you you.”

We strengthen one another. enough for now

No comments: