Sunday, January 21, 2024

That’s Where We Live

Psalm 91:1&2,15 NRSV
“You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.” 
“When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them.”


We must recognize where we live- in the shelter of the Most High. Some people misuse this psalm. They leave it open on a table in the bedroom, put it under a guest chair, placing it open in the car, one guy even had it in his right shoe. (I’ve seen some things) but the Lord told me “No, that means nothing. Hold in your heart what the words mean. I am your shelter, I am your keeper.”

We must know that he is our shelter, and then to know to come on in the house. To be sheltered from the storms of life as they will happen. To have peace in the. midst, knowing we are safe in God’s protection.
When we were young my mother would take my sister and me downtown in the summer. As we waited on the bus the hot sun would beat down unmercifully. But I found refuge in Momma’s shadow.  Can you even imagine being in God’s shadow? My my.

In the shelter, safe in the shadow- but there’s more. When we call on him, he will answer. That’s it right there. We are never alone in any situation. Even when we can’t think it out- he has us. That’s where we live! more later

No comments: