Sunday, July 21, 2024

Great

Lamentation 3:19-24
“The thought of my affliction and my homelessness  is wormwood and gall!  My soul continually thinks of it  and is bowed down within me.  But this I call to mind,  and therefore I have hope:  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;  they are new every morning;  great is your faithfulness.  “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,  “therefore I will hope in him.”

 Jeremiah shows us how to lament our pain, our sorrow. It is raw. We lament because only God can handle where we are. When we reflect on where we are, we realize that there is none like God. The we can release all hurt to God and receive peace and that assurance. With that, we can resolve like Jeremiah that The steadfast love of God never ceases, his mercies never fail, they are new every morning. That’s quite a resolve! Ain’t nothing can deter us because of God’s love. We don’t stay in our stupid because of God’s love. Every day is a new day for to receive what he has for us. Receive it. Walk in it. Rest assured that he is faithful! enough for now.

No comments: