Saturday, October 10, 2009

What Time Is It?

When was the last time someone asked you that question? Or when did you last ask someone that question? I wonder are we even aware of the time? I don't think so. You see, we move around like we haven't a care in the world when it comes to being about our Father's business. And so we lie, we lead others astray, we have lost our ability to make real differences is the lives of others. Secretly we long for what others have, yet we try to cut them down. Do we know what time it is?

As institutions that should aid others in helping them see, hear and know the awesomeness of God's plan for their lives-we fail. Call it what you want. We turn more people out than in. We pimp God's word and cause many to fall. Do we know what time it is?

As believers we abuse others by our actions, our thoughts. Do we know what time it is?

As I pondered the question I looked at my own life. And as many there are a few things I have right, and there things I have done wrong. As I grow more (you see, it is a process)I try to catch myself in what I do. How? Well - I have to listen to directions from Holy Spirit. No it is not anything 'holier than anyone else' it is just listening to Holy spirit's guidance. Many of you do so, but trick is not only to listen, but to follow instructions. WHOOOOOO! Even simple little ones like blessing another or praying for one when the image their face comes to your mind. Or like praying for those who misuse you. Or like saying a word to someone that you don't know. We can go, but you get it.

I have to be connected in communion with God. No, that is not necessarily praying in public but having a prayer life. In doing so you overcome so many things- because of that connection. Do you want to see it played out? You must read the scriptures. They are (as my son called them when he was young) God's road map. The thing about it that maps all read the same to everyone who views them. But while the words are the same, the mapping is different for each one who studies the scriptures. Try them!

Do you know what time it is? If you really knew, you wouldn't let petty mess cause you distress. You see, it is early, it is too late? It is too early for you to give up the race, it is too late for you back out. Let go o anything that causes you to miss hearing. God whispers comfort, encouragement, peace to you in so many ways.

Are you journaling? Read the third chapter of Ecclesiastes. Journal what you feel as you read. Consider this season. Is is time to let go or to hold on? Do you really know what time it is? type to you later.

No comments: