Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I Need You to Survive

"I need you to survive." Hezekiah Walker's song of a few years ago speaks volumes to me today. "You pray for me. I'll pray for you, I need you to survive." As you read this I am waiting to be clear on what I am hearing from God. Pray for me. I know the power of community in prayer changes things. Esther sent word for the Jewish people in Susa to fast and pray with her. She prepared to go see the king uninvited by the king, which was against the law. And her words, "If I perish, I perish" (Esther 4:15-16).

There are times that we come together to the aid of one another in community, even if it is to just sit in the presence. There is so much power with being on one accord. This week, please call my name as you remember this blog. No, it is nothing dreadful, but I want to be clear. And I am being obedient in asking you to join me in prayer.

There is a cute illustration on facebook of ants moving together in line with their goods. An anteater attempts to suck up one of the ants and he calls for help. One ant hears, and grabs the ant. And after ant connects and one ant begins organizing all the ants quickly to form a large ball. Together they save the ant by stopping up the anteater's snout. Together.

We serve One so loving, so patient with us. We serve a great God! As we pray together let's celebrate life! Celebrate your life! Celebrate that you have been freed from all types issues that held you bound.  You have been freed. Walk in that freedom. Oh it is real. You take the step.

Look up the song on YouTube and listen. Walk in those words, recognizing that we are indeed in community with one another. I dedicate the song to you. enough for now.

No comments: