Saturday, November 19, 2016

A Contemplative Season

I am in a season of contemplation and marvel. They go hand in hand. The more I contemplate the awesomeness of God in my life the more I marvel at how He loves. The more I marvel, the more I trust.

We came through an interesting presidential election. We came through. Many people are hurting, but people would have been hurting either way. This was a painful time, and people need to heal. How? Well for me- I had to give it all to God. I did. This world is God's and that is not just a thing to say. It is really something to trust.

I was in Haiti last week, and again I marveled at the resilience of people - to live. More on that later. How about you? Do you want to live? Oh I mean live more fully in what God has, and forsaking what the world says? You see, when we get quiet we can hear, we can follow what God says. Yes we can.

As I said, it has been a time of contemplation. What are you contemplating? What holds your attention? What keeps you up at night? I offer- let it go. Yes, it is difficult, we have been programmed to fix it, work it out, make it happen. Ah but when we let God take it, we can watch what He does, and we can marvel. enough for now.

No comments: