Sunday, November 6, 2016

Get Lost in Psalms

When I was in Venice, we were told to get lost in the many areas that so produced different levels of joy and adventure. I offer that life is an adventure, and today I encourage you to get lost in Psalms. That is a good lost. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (Ps. 119:103 NIV). "Direct my footsteps according to your word, let no sin rule over me" (Ps. 119:133 NIV). "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" (Ps. 23:1). Find a Psalm for you and stay there for a little while. In America, we are facing a rough week- the elections. 

We need to get to that place of peace and sanctity. We need to take god long breaths - breathing out hostility and breathing in peace; breathing out hate and breathing in love; breathing out disappointment and breathing in quiet. Breathe out anything that does not look like God and breath in everything that looks like God. 

Oh, not just for us, it for everyone. Breathe. Let the peace of God permeate your spirit. And rest in that.
Go ahead, get lost. enough for now.

No comments: