Thursday, December 8, 2016

Blessings of Stillness.

May I be real? It is difficult, it is difficult to be still; even when God says so. Now that is out of the way. Let me tell you. It is difficult. But . . . yes there is a but. But when you do and you listen, then you can hear.

I actually have been laughing at where I am and realizing the real size of what I am facing. The size? Tiny, compared to the blessings of what God has already done. Tiny.

I encourage you to see "Beast of the Southern Wild," about six year old Hushpuppy and the world she lives in. She lives through a rough existence, yet is very philosophical for her age. One quote, "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. But when it all goes quiet I see they're right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big universe and that makes things right."  As Hushpuppy is followed by a hedgehog that grows as her problems grow. At a point in her life she turns to face the very large animal and stares it down.

You can't walk away from your problems, but must face them. Yon can't effectively face them unless you consult with the One who can walk with you through. It leads me back to being still, and hearing. Being still and knowing that He is God. Blessings of stillness. enough for now.

No comments: