Sunday, October 1, 2017

Endure

Endure. Endure. No matter what. No matter how long. Hold on. Hang in there. There is a mountain where I live and I have been determined to walk the over 2 miles up. I was determined to walk a little more each day. On my third day a guy coming down laughingly told me to hang in there, just a few more miles. What? I paused, rested and turned back down, determined to do more tomorrow.

Later my driver took me on up so I could see how far. I showed him where I turned back. And then we rounded the curve where I stopped. I was outdone! The top was just two short hills away. Less than half a mile. He said, 'you were right there." The next day I went on up the mountain.

Endure, don't let anyone discourage you from your goals, your dreams. Endure, on this journey, you don't know the end but you do know the destination. You don't know who will journey with you but you do know who guides you. Endure, don't give up. Sometimes you must stop and rest and then carry on. This journey is not about speed, or about who you know; but about endurance, and whose you are. Hold on. Hang in there. enough for now.


No comments: