Thursday, October 5, 2017

Pace Yourself

As I walked up the mountain I kept hearing pace yourself. Your pace is not like anyone else. So I slowed up in order to catch my breath. I realized that I was not trying to beat my own time but to pace someone else- so that I didn't look weak.  I was breathing hard and feeling embarrassed, after all I should have more stamina by now. As I came back down the mountain I realized that everyone had their own way of breathing to get up, of pacing themselves to get up, of sweating to get up. And I realized that my walk is my walk.

On this journey you must know that your pace is your pace. Don't try to match another. Don't try to act like another. Just be who you are. Go in your own pace. Listen to what God is doing. Enjoy your journey. enough for now.

No comments: