Sunday, September 15, 2024

Change Agents

2 Chronicles 7:13&14 NRSV
“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 

‘When’ and ‘if’ are subordinate conjunctions. ‘Then’ is a conjunctive adverb which joins the independent clauses. You can’t have a’then’ without the ‘if’.  We have three movements: Our foundation: in our identity (my people) and heritage (called by my name). The action we must take: (humble ourselves, pray, seek God’s face, turn from wicked ways), if we do that, the we will receive-
The promises from God: He will hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal the land.
When we do that, we become the change agents he created. Our doing, our following him changes everything. The divine formula: humble+pray+seek God+turn from wickedness= God hearing from heaven, forgiving our sins, healing the land. The land needs healing, we need healing. It will happen as we step up as God’s change agents. enough for now.

No comments: