Sunday, September 1, 2024

Stay in It

I Cor 9:24-26 NRSV
“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

After coming out of conference I was reminded of one thing- while that was the business of the church- the responsibility is to advance the kingdom. Our responsibility is to hear from God, wait on God. We are still in this race. It is ours alone, no one can run it for us. Sometimes we may slow down, but at all times we stay in the race. Stay in the race. It has already been secured for you. more later.

No comments: